Tuesday, August 12, 2014

RIP, Robin Williams

It's the day after the world found out that Robin Williams took his own life, giving in to the demons that lived inside of him.
It's the day we found out that how he did it made sure he wanted to die: he slit his wrist and hanged himself with a belt.

Oh, how I wish it didn't happen. Life is cruel every day. I pray every day, with thankfulness that I can get out of bed in the morning and love life. But there are SO MANY who are battling the same demons Robin gave into. They feel hopeless, can't find a positive thought, just feeling black inside.

There IS help for those of us with depression.



Please, put this number on your phone. You may never use it, but it's good to have when times are tough.

Writer/Director Kevin Levine's blog entry to Robin Williams is here. Give it a read.

Here is an excerpt:

ith apologies to Robin, we remain in utter shock. We even cry. We mourn the loss of an irreplaceable talent, a force of nature, and I think more than that, we mourn the circumstances. No one should suffer such emotional pain and hopelessness. Especially one who has brought such joy to so many.

I still am getting a lump in my throat when I think about this situation, probably will for the rest of my life. I thank God for sharing this brilliant person with us for 63 years and hope Heaven is laughing.

RIP, Robin Williams

No comments:

Monday Evening Smile